Thursday, July 3, 2014

Week 6

This week went super fast, I realized when I was getting on the computer that I have no idea what happened this week. Hopefully I can remember some things as I write.

Teaching continued to go well this week. We had a really good lesson with one of our investigators about the Book of Mormon and Plan of Salvation. Teaching about life after death in Hungarian is hard, especially the 3 kingdoms of glory. We weren't really sure what to say when she asked if we believe in a hell. It worked out in the end.

We also had our first Skype TRC this week with members from Hungary. We talked with 2 different people for 20 minutes each. The first had a really bad connection, so we couldn't make out anything he said. He could hear us fine though, so we just taught and hopefully he learned something. The second one went well. He was difficult to understand but I understood a decent amount of it and we taught what I though was a pretty good lesson.

I also bought the Stories from the Book of Mormon picture book from the Bookstore in Hungarian which is great. It is uses simpler language from the scriptures, so I understand it pretty well, and the pictures are in English which helps.

Church this Sunday was great, 2 of the Hungarians gave talks in just Hungarian and did very well. We also had a great priesthood lesson on revelation. When you receive some, ask God if he has anymore he wants to give you, because he wants to help you out and if you are already receiving revelation you are obviously worthy. Good advice.

We had a great devotional on Tuesday (not an apostle this time), and he talked about being converted. He mentioned Peter specifically. It reminded me of the talk Elder Holland gave in General Conference about Peter (I think the same day the mission age changed). We must make a choice once and for all to serve the Lord. Very good talk.

Fun Hungarian fact of the week: In Hungarian you go into places and onto events with one exception. You go onto Hungary because it is so awesome and above every other country. So next time someone asks, I'm not serving in Hungary, I'm serving on Hungary.

I think that's it. Love you all!

Parkinson Elder