Monday, July 20, 2015

Another Week in Eger

So, this week went fast and had a bunch of stuff that I will hopefully remember as I write this.

Elder and Sister Bailey got back from Romania on Tuesday. Thay are still in the process of moving from Miskolc to here so we have been helping them with that. We also had a couple of meetings with Elder Bailey on how to get the branch going better here, are numbers in church for the past 2 weeks have been 13 and 16, including the missionaries, so we are hoping to get that knocked up. We spent a bit of time looking up and calling people on the ward list (another thing we are trying to get cleaned up, I figure if Tom could take on Oslo's list then we can figure out Eger's). We had one awesome visit with a less active family who I really want to get back to church, we really need famlies here.

We also had a great branch outing on Saturday, we went to a nearby lake and did a classic hungarian thing where you cook bacon on sticks over a fire and then drip the fat on bread with paprikas and tomatoes. Super good, and we had 17 people show up. It then started raining, but overall it went really well.

We spent a lot of time last week out finding too, trying to get our investigator pool up. We had a couple of potential people that we can hopefully meet with more this week, but we'll see. The hardest for me is when we actually have a good conversation with someone and get talking about everything, but then they say they aren't interested. It kills me. But some people say yes and that is why we are out here.

I can't think of much else and I'm low on time, writing the mission president now takes longer that it is in Hungarian. It is good language practice though. I also just finished the Doctrine and Covenants this morning.

Have a great week!
Love
Parkinson Elder

PS  A quick book recommendation, I noted it to myself for a post mission read bought thought you two might like it. Eclipse of the Crescent Moon. The Bailey's both loved it, it takes place in Eger 500 years ago when the Turks invaded and the great Dobo István and his army fought them off in the castle right by the city center.