Monday, July 27, 2015

So Much Learning!

This week went well again, time seems to be flying here in Eger. Because the last transfer was a mini we will be having another transfer next Tuesday. We are thinking it will be fairly small, but we'll see.

We had a chance to go on splits with the Zone Leaders on Tuesday. I felt a bit bad becasue we had no programs set up for the day, so it was basically just a bunch of finding for all of us. But it went super well, I was able to learn a lot from Elder Bagley, and we found some people. On the street we met with a Buddhist man (used to be a monk) that we then set up for later in the day. Short program, we'll see where he goes. And the other Elder looked up a referal we got from a man on the street, he said his brother and law might be interested and gave an address, and it turned out to be super legit. We met with him and he has met misisonaries in the past, just has a hard time beieving Joseph Smith was a prophet. But really wants to find the truth, awesome man.

We also had Zone Conference on Friday up in Miskolc, the Zone Leaders gave us some great training on how to be better finders, which went great with what I learned on splits, and the Sister Training Leaders talked about working with members. At first I took that a little pessimistically, how to work with the ward mission leader, yeah, we don't have one, etc. But then I decided I should stop being negaitve and focus on what we do have, because we do have some great members here. One thing I want to focus on is just getting them more invovled in missionary work, coming to programs and stuff. And then we can go find or reactivate a ward mission leader.

We were finally able to meet up with that awesome guy from DC we met a few weeks back. We had a sweet program, it was a but unstructured though because we were still just trying to answer the main question of how we get salvation. But it got more complicted. We tried to focus on the restoration and the plan of salvation. I still don't know other church beliefs super well though, so sometimes we would say something that I thought was no big deal, like we return to live with God, and they would be like, wait a second, you think we already were with him? Pre-existence and stuff. I was very gratefull for my last year of scripture study though because I feel if I had been in that program a year ago it would have been nowhare near as good. I also love Bible talking with non Bible bashers. It's not Bible bashing, just sincere talk by all of us trying to understand each others views and the scriptures. It was sweet. I love the scriptures.

Well, that's about it. Have a great week everyone! I write next Tuesday.
Love
Parkinson Elder