Monday, April 13, 2015

Megszentségteleníthetetlenségeségetekért

I didn't know what to title this so I thought supercalifragilisticexpealidocious would be good but I decided to use the longest Hungarian work I know instead. Classic Hungarian, take a 5 letter word and add 8 endings and a prefix to make it more exciting.

First full week in Kaposvár, I now know my way around everything prety well. Switching cities is always difficult, that first week I have no idea what is going on. I have met pretty much everybody by now though.

We have some sweet investigators here, we should have a baptism later in the month and hopefully more will follow. We had 6 investigators in church on Sunday which was awesome. That is the good thing about moving to a new city - getting to meet all of the amazing people here.

The branch here is great too, a little bit bigger then Tatabánya, about 40 people in church on Sunday. We have an awesome branch president who has only been a member for a year. I really want to work on how we work with members. Out here I have quickly been able to develop Elder Parkinson's first law of missionary work, Referrals > Tracting (Referrals greater than Tracting). I've also been going through our Area Book at night looking at old investigators, I feel like a lot of people get dropped when transfers happen that I want to look back up. My last companion was also out here for 6 months earlier in his mission so I told him to send me some names.

I can't think of much else that has happened, I started reading through the New Testament this morning. I've been thinking about trying to read the standerd works on my mission. I might save the Old Testament until post-mission though, we only have so much study time out here.

I can't think of much else that happened this week. A guy form Guam bought us ice cream. The weather is getting hotter, we can start taking suit jackets off later this week.

Love you all, have a great week!
Parkinson Elder