Thursday, June 19, 2014

Halfway Done

Happy Father's Day to Dad, I'm glad you finally got yourself some farm animals. I expect them to stil be there when I get back.

I think Saturday will be our official halfway point at the MTC. Yesterday we were thinking back to day one when we couldn't speak a word of Hungarian. It's cool to see how far we have come, but we still have a ways to go.

I came up with a great analogy for learning Hungarian this week. It's like that part in Man of Steel where Superman is trying to learn how to fly and and firsts keeps crashing into stuff but eventually learns to fly and its super awesome. That pretty much sums it up. Everything is going super awesome and then the teachers bring up hogy clauses or something and it like, Ow, I think I just smashed into Timp, but then we get talking and I realize I can actually understand the teachers fairly well and form pretty good sentences and I feel like I'm on the top of the world.

Last Friday we had an awesome lesson with one of our investigators, Monika. We talked about repentance and how she can be forgiven of her sins. She was borderline crying when she said the prayer at the end, the Spirit was super strong.

This Sunday was super cool. It was the Albanians and Finns last week so they sang God be With you Til we Meet Again. The third verse was in English and at first I had no idea what they were saying. It was sad, they are all super awesome. Also, during one of the Finnish Sister's talks I had this super strong feeling that everything she was saying was true, and it was all awesome. It was in Finnish she I have no idea what she was saying, but it was super good. Spirit trumps language.

Also, I was writing a talk on repentance for Sunday (we all write talks and then two people are randomly called on to speak), and I was studying the story of Corianton. Go research him, his story is just as good as his father's but way more common.

We got another Apostle for the Devo on Tuesday. Elder Ballard. That was awesome. He talked about how what the world thinks of us doesn't matter, And how if we focus on the living prophets today we will/can not go wrong.

I think that's about it, missionary life is awesome as ever. I attached a picture of me with some Boise friends. I still need to get our class picture from one of the sisters.

Love
Parkinson Elder
Boise Friends