Monday, August 17, 2015

God is at the helm

This week went great again. We spent a lot of it out finding, mostly on the streets, but it went really well. I think we got 10 numbers of people who said that we could set up with them to meet. They all have busy schedules, but we have set up for sure with at least one of them. We'll see what happens with the others. We also met a cool inactive guy the other day, we were in the area and decided to do some look ups. We really need men in our branch, Our joke with Elder Bailey (the Branch President), every time we meet is that before we come back we have to find a Branch President. We're working on it.

Chats with people on the street always seem to be super random, I guess that's how missionary work is, but everything is unique. Each has it's own story. Anything from a lady reading a book on a park bench to an old man standing in front of a bar (he ended up inviting us in for drinks too, even just a coke when I said we don't drink. I decided that wasn't the best option). God puts people in our path though. Even if he just knows we are having a hard time and need someone to talk too. On Friday night we were streeting and I was feeling very tired, suddenly a man ran up to us, shook our hands, and said, I just want to wish you both a lot of happiness (Tip, if you ever want a wish to come true try wishing that to someone, it works really well). Then he ran off. Just what I needed to keep going. Or talking to Ági and seeing how happy and changed she is after her baptism, I just want to give everyone that same feeling.

I can't really think of any other stuff. We found our bikes in the basement, I mentioned to another Elder at transfers that I wanted to look into getting bikes, and he said we already had them, we just had to fiddle around with the 12 keys we have lying around to get through the 2 locked doors between us and them. And then go pump up the super flat tires. But now we have transportation!

This Thursday is August 20th, Szent István's corrination. I guess it means I'm getting old now that I'm starting to hit holidays for the second time.

Also, so everyone always complains about Nephi killing Laban, Exodus 20:13 - Thou shalt not kill. The other day I read Exodus 21:13. He was totally justified Biblically.

Love
Parkinson Elder