Monday, August 10, 2015

This week was awesome!

So the transfer happened, We went down to Budapest on Wednesday, and actually ended up meeting a guy we knew on the train. So we talked and he blew my mind with an analogy of basically the Bible and the Plan of Salvation to a Jewish wedding feast. Kind of like the parable of the 10 virgins on steriods. Super cool.

Anyway, I met my new companion, Elder Lawrence. He is straight from the MTC, grews up in Arizona. He's awesome, reminds me a lot of my self, but not as in love with his calculator. He's very ready to do missionary work and so we had a lot of success finding people this week, especially out on the streets. He is helping to push me to really talk with everyone. Oh. and one of the people we met was a 71 year old man, and he used to be the Hungarian IronMan triatholon champion. Back in 97 and 98. Yeah, do the math. He's still in good shape. Don't we have an ancestor or something that always ran ironmans when he was old? I remember some stories. So many cool people.

We also had the baptism on Saturday! It went super well, a lot of people showed up, including one of our investigators who loved it. We rented a pool at a hotel nearby, and had a conference room there as well where we had the program. The whole thing was awesome. I was able to both baptize her on Saturday and then confirm her on Sunday. The whole thing made me think a lot about the idea of being an instrument in the hands of God, I really didn't do anything to make this baptism happen, that was the work of countless others over the past year and a half, but I was blessed to be able to take part in it and be an instrument in God's hand to help his work go forward. 

That's about it for the week. This week has been so awesome, hard to describe in words so I won't really try. Just picture me smiling.

Love,
Parkinson Elder

A and I before the baptism
​The district with A. The sisters taught her. And Elder Lawrence is there on the right. Yeah, they picked up my camera when everyone decided it was time for the funny ones, hence the classy poses.

​A and M after the baptism. Identical twins, also 10 minutes apart. I taught M for 2 months up in Miskolc, and she got baptized in March. It was awesome to be able to talk to her again about that, she is now a ward missionary and an awesome member.