Monday, March 2, 2015

Follow the Spirit

We had an awesome week again. For some reason when I write these letters all the seems to come to mind is Saturdays. Either Saturdays are just always extra good or I have a terrible long term memory.
Anyway, some Saturday highlights. In the morning my companion finds a cockroach in our bathroom. He decides to try and kill it with a can of spray deoderant stuff and a lighter. The cockroach was unharmed, our trash can ended up on fire. Cockroach 1, Man 0. Half an hour later while heading to sport nap (soccer with missionaries, investigators and members), my comapnion redeems himself by jumping off the tram and chasing down a man he had just seen get off the stop before. It was a super cool experience to witness, we found him on an empty side street, bag on the ground, half kneeling and crying. Elder Depallens ran up to him and gave him a hug, bore his testimony about God, and asked how we could help. We talked a little, and gave him some Kleenex and our number. Awesome example of following the Spirit to be an instrument in God's hand to help his children. I don't know if we'll ever see him again, but he needed some help, and God led it to him. We then had a baptism! Sos Éva, an older lady who had been meeting with the missionaries for about 6 months. That was super cool, it had been in question if it would go through or not but everything ended up going smoothly. It was an exhausting day.

Other non-Saturday stuff. On Sunday I had the awesome experience of being able to give Éva the gift of the Holy Ghost, I was very nervous before hand, but it went well. Super cool.

On Wednesday we had a member come out with us for the whole day. It was super cool, he is trying to prepare for a mission, and he was a huge help. One program we were talking about getting answers and out of nowhere he turns to the investigator and says "I challenge you to pray everyday for a week". He told him to come to chruch too. I don't think he'll have a problem with being bold enough when he get's out. Awesome guy.

In a program this week we had a man ask us where our calls came from. At the same time Elder Depallens and I say, "ugh, the prophet". The look on his face was priceless. We then gave him a better explanation.

We had another awesome program with that athiest man from last week. I love athiest investigators, I feel like I can understand them super well. We actually got a decent commitment out of him to read all of 1st Nephi and to pray about some personal decisions in his life.

That's about it, I love you all! Go follow the Spirit and help someone out!

Parkinson Elder